- Those employees who can continue to effectively telecommute will continue to do so for the foreseeable future until otherwise instructed by their supervisor.
- There will be more use of telework and staggered hours to reduce the number of employees in shared workspaces.
- All employees will be expected to wear face coverings in indoor public spaces.
- Workspaces will be rearranged to ensure better physical distancing (sample room layouts for those in shared offices are available here).
- The university will work with staff who are at heightened risk of infection. If at all possible, the university will make reasonable accommodations that allow these employees to work in a lower-risk environment.
COVID-19 is not specific to an ethnicity or race—disease does not discriminate. Racist behaviors or stereotyping are not tolerated at UW–Madison. If you experience harassment or discrimination, students are encouraged to file a bias incident report. Employees may file a complaint with the Office of Compliance.